Help your tween to learn important social skills and form healthy relationships with their peers in a safe space online. See them learn to identify feelings, gain empathy, understand others’ perspectives, use assertiveness skills, and learn how to start and maintain a conversation.
Help your adolescent get to know new people and gain social skills from their computer!
Does your adolescent struggle to make and keep friends?
Does your tween or teen….
- Struggle to read social cues?
- Feel left out or not know what to say to their peers?
- Lack empathy or perspective-taking skills?
- Have difficulty starting conversations, knowing what to talk about, or how to talk about topics of low interest?
- Have trouble stating what they want or need in a respectful, assertive manner?
Who am I?
My name is Malena Ally and I have been working with adolescents for over 10 years. I have run many, many groups and one thing I see firsthand is the power of a group in helping with the healing process. During this pandemic, the uncertainty of it all can be scary for young people and being out of school and stuck at home can feel isolating and difficult to connect to their peers. One thing I love about groups is the amazing transformation that can happen over the course of a school year…from students being shy, not confident in their skills, and avoiding peer interactions to making new friends and feeling excited to talk on various topics! I create a safe space for adolescents to share their feelings and struggles, see new skills modeled, and practice new social skills. A group setting also allows me to see how your tween or teen interacts with peers and offer supportive feedback in the moment so they can practice new ways of communicating. Social interaction can be so powerful, healing, and is needed now more than ever!
With my help, your tween or teen will….
- Gain new skills and confidence to talk to their peers
- Understand how to start and maintain a conversation
- Be able to read others’ emotions and social cues
- Be able to understand others’ perspectives
- Assert themselves and set clear boundaries with others
….so that they can lead a happier and more connected life!
$400 for the 8 weeks.
Out of Network
If you are using your “out of network benefits” you should check with your insurance company first to clarify what these benefits (if any) look like. You would pay the individual or group fee up front and I will provide you with a “super bill” after the session, which you can use to submit for reimbursement to your insurance company.
Complete the interest form below to schedule a complimentary call and we can explore the best next steps.